1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A (hopefully) sane Barry Bonds thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Stuck in a rut? I like to switch my bat when it happens to me. Have one called the 'Slump Breaker.'

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=3421213&page=1
    By Andy Baggarly
    Mercury News
    The flashbulbs continue to pop each time Barry Bonds swings the bat, but he hasn't given anyone a moment to record this homestand.

Bonds was 1 for 4 Thursday and remained at 753 career home runs after the Giants' 4-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves at AT&T Park. His only hit was a flare off the end of the bat that center fielder Andruw Jones misplayed into a double.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

"I'm just trying to get a hit," Bonds says.

Yeah, so is Britney Spears ...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070727.BONDS27/TPStory/Sports

'I'm just trying to get a hit,' Bonds says
    Giants' slugger says his focus is on his offensive slump more than home runs

JEFF BLAIR

BASEBALL REPORTER

July 27, 2007

SAN FRANCISCO -- Looking nothing like the soon-to-be home-run king - let alone an ogre - Barry Bonds served as the pitcher yesterday afternoon during the San Francisco Giants' Family Day game.

His hat flipped backward, Bonds underhanded balls to home plate for a parade of youngsters and, other than beaning Rich Aurilia's child with a whiffle ball, it all went off without a hitch.

Bonds even pulled out the right tooth of Cole Roberts, the six-year-old son of centre fielder Dave Roberts. "Barry pulled my tooth," the boy said. "The tooth fairy brought me $5 when I lost the other one three days ago."

3. Flash

Flash Guest

In the Mercury News story, it is reported Bonds has an online diary of his games. Anyone have the link?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

An optimistic thread title, but worth hoping for.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I thought Flash was the Slumpbuster.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Way to get this thread off to a good start, dexter.

Draft saved Draft deleted