1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A homer vote for McFadden?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Football_Bat, Dec 5, 2006.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I think McFadden will finish second in the voting, with more than a couple of first-place votes.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, you were spot-on about that.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Why are people knocking Smith's chances in the NFL? He's done pretty damn good job, and it's not like he's running the option. Good pocket presence, but not a statue. Great arm. What am I not seeing that suggests he's going to be a total bust?

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

Is he even six feet tall? That will hurt him in the draft. Scouts hate short QBs, saying they'll have trouble seeing receivers downfield with all those 6-4 rushers and 6-6 OLs in front of them.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Isn't that about the size most college linemen are now anyway? I mean obviously there are some physical attributes you need, but the overanalysis of it is what made Mike Mamula a top 10 pick many years ago. Winners simply win and get it done. And that's what Smith has done.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's also what Gina Torretta had done.
    And Jason White.

Draft saved Draft deleted