1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A homer vote for McFadden?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Football_Bat, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Well this thread just took a monumental turn.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

Useless without pictures.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If only Jay's post had been made a month or so ago, I'd have had even-money odds on who he was talking about.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Damn, that just took the wind out of my pseudo-witty "We have a pirate on this board?" line.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Her name is Beck Campbell, but I can't find anything.

6. Douglas

Douglas Member

I'll address this directly, since I've met both parties in person, finally, last Saturday. I've known the gentleman in this case for a bit of time. This is a BS rumor. The gentleman is happily married (witnessed with my own eyes, and yes, I met his wife), and MM's mom is in a solid relationship. Your source, unfortunately, is quite full of it.

7. I love the phrase "solid relationship" ... so nebulous, yet seems meaningful.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but that is a total f-ing cop out. The Heisman people say their award is for the "most outstanding college football player."

If you don't believe Smith is the best player in the country, but merely the best on the best team, you are falling in line with the other voters who have made this award the sham it is. The award is given to the junior or senior QB, WR or RB who receives the most hype, plays on a winning team*, receives oodles of hype from some media members and/or outlets and makes some "fantastic" play which people can show over and over again to further this hype. And the logic exhibited above only further pulls this award away from its stated purpose. </rant>

* Except in the case of Paul Hornung, in which racism played a part.

9. I remember how pissed the square-wheel people were when the round wheel debuted. Sucked. What a mess.

10. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Yea verily, because if a married couple looks to be happy to those who meet them for the first time, they must undoubtedly be in a happy marriage. ::)

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My only question is who did Douglas meet?
    Since I didn't name the writer, it seems pretty obvious that somebody, somewhere thinks something is going on.
    Judging by my suddenly full PM box, some people on here think something might be happening as well.
    EDIT: And it isn't the guy who wrote the recruiting book either.

12. Douglas

Douglas Member

I met MM's mom and her boyfriend, as well as the assumed third party. Out of respect, I'd rather not divulge how the gentlemen and MM's mom are connected. They are connected, but not in the way that most people think they are. Remember, there are kids involved. I'll explain it to Webby, so he's aware of the players.

Draft saved Draft deleted