1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A hole in the ground

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Sep 12, 2006.

1. JackS

JackS Member

O'Reilly didn't have a father to grease the skids for him either.

2. When it comes to dogs, nobody comes close to these two assholes giving each other a reacharound. Thanks for being the poster boys for euthanasia.

3. JackS

JackS Member

Only if KO transcribed them himself and then put 'em there.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've known people with Harvard degrees who couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions written on the heel and a hole in the sole. Good for O'Reilly being so "learned." The vitriol he spews belies that education. And I'm not defending Olberman before the broken records start chirping.

5. JackS

JackS Member

"Spewing vitriol" and not being able to "speak in complete sentences" are two different allegations.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

In O'Reilly's case it's both, JackS.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

But yes, by all means, let's continue to make a faulty correlation between ratings and content. The American Idol analogy is spot on. If 1 million people say the sun rises in the west, that doesn't make it so.

8. JackS

JackS Member

Then I would suggest you and the rest of his detractors stop watching him, seeing as you already know everything about his tone, oratorial skills, etc. and don't like them.

It's not like bitching about the president, because you don't have to be affected by Bill O'Reilly in any way. Just use your remote.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I DON'T watch O'Reilly for the very reasons listed. I also don't watch Olbermann for many of the same reasons. When I see either gentleman's face on my screen, I am immediately reminded I'd rather be watching The Backyardigans or Tom and Jerry with my son.

10. AA, I'm with you on this one. Don't like either guy. Don't watch them very often.

11. JackS

JackS Member

So you're debating a subject on which you have no (or almost no) first hand knowledge. Why do I even bother around here?

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Like when you argue that no plane hit the Pentagon. And don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Draft saved Draft deleted