1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A hole in the ground

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Sep 12, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So rather than debate the content of what he says, it's more effective to debate ratings? I mean that seriously, too. I've been getting onto F_B for his efforts at playing "source credibility poker" so don't feel like this is an attack on the right.

2. Maybe the lack of ratings has a direct correlation to the content of what he says, AA. Harangue after harangue, blaming Bush for everything from belly-button lint to the heartbreak of psoriasis gets a little old after a while.

Maybe you all think the right was too ginned up at Clinton -- and they were -- but it has no comparison to the left's reaction to Bush. None.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ummm ... the GOP held impeachment hearings for Clinton. I have yet to see a similar outcome for Dubya.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Actually, GWB should feel very, very fortunate that the left isn't holding him to the same standards as Clinton. Because if lying about blowjob got Clinton impeachment hearings, what do you figure violating the Constitution would get you?

Death by firing squad sounds about right.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The American right's collective amnesia regarding the 1990s would be entertaining if it weren't so pathetic. And if part of that -- a fraction -- is coming back to bite a GOP president (over issues a little more pressing than a decade-old real-estate deal or oval-office oral sex), well, you reap what you sow.

6. http://www.olbermannwatch.com/

7. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

That person needs to get a life.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

For all the debate I've ever heard about Clinton vs. Bush, I have never, EVER been able to see an equation between a morally corrupt president (supposedly Clinton) and a president whose push for a war has killed thousands of Americans. Different values, I suppose, but I'm funny that way.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Unlike O'Reilly, Olbermann can speak in complete sentences.

Anyone who says "most of what Olbermann" says is crap is, to put it mildly, mentally deficient.

10. I'd rather be mentally deficient than a smug, Canadian asshole.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wish all my wishes could come true that easily.

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Well done, your reputation stays intact. Hopefully some of your Conservative Carpool buddies can join in with similar useless trope.

And Pringle, I had a similar feeling, just watching the speech on the web. Had the same sort of feeling as the one I got during the seminal speech in "Good Night and Good Luck." The feeling that everyone in America SHOULD BE standing still and paying attention, because for the first time that I can remember, someone has finally laid all of this crap out on the table. Perhaps Olbermann draws too much of a connection between the "hole" and Bush, but as Fen alluded, that wasn't really the point. 9/11 was a rallying cry in the first couple of weeks after, but now it's become an excuse. Olbermann laid out very few arguments that the Bushies can refute.

Oh, and Ly, you're a fucking idiot for many, many, many reasons, but my favorite one at the moment is that you just used "Canadian" as an insult. Try not to trip when you get off the short bus after school today. That last step is a doozy.

Draft saved Draft deleted