1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a-hole dry carp bill belichick reconsidered

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That was a fantastic episode, but its no Mr. Plow or Homer Goes To Space, both are my personal Simpsons gold standard.

2. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Omigod ... Thane Gash ... thank you, ijag.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Frank Grimes: "You've been to space?"
    Homer: "Sure. You mean you've never been?"

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Good ole Grimey.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Homer, that's my specially prepared dietetic lunch. It was clearly marked. Please be more careful in the future."
    "No problem Stretch." (takes a few more bites before throwing the sandwich in the bag)

Darkest Simpsons ever, by far.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Speaking as a Patriots fan, can anybody explain to me what these women he's allegedly been carrying on with outside his marriage possibly see in him? (Besides primo seats for sold-out Bon Jovi shows).

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's all about the hoodie.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"Frank Grimes, or Grimey, as he liked to be called."

"Marge, change the channel!" "That's our Homer."

The best episode is Lisa becomes a Vegetarian.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

that is indeed a mystery. ??? ??? ???

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Just getting in late here. As a longtime fan of the Jints (pronounced with the long 'i'), I am amused at the still-steaming Clevelanders. Until Larry Csonka fumbles a Joe Pisarcik hand-off, you'll never know from true agony. I watched Elway and "The Drive" on a portable TV on the pedestrian overpass walking from my car at Byrne Arena to see the Giants go for their first trip to the Super Bowl. My advice, then and now: play some mother effing defense.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Now let's go to the killing floor!"
    (Timmy gasps)
    "Don't let the name fool you. It's really more of a steel grating."

Timmy's face when he comes out of there might be the funniest single image ever.

"Mr. McClure my friend says eating meat is bad."
    "Don't let him fool you Timmy. If a cow could, he'd eat you and everyone you care about."

12. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Speaking of Troy McClure, the episode where he marries Selma is one of my favorites.

"My good looks built this pool and my talent filled it... Hi, I'm Troy McClure, your future uncle!"

"Gay? I wish!"

"I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-A to chimpan-Z, no you'll never make a monkey out of me.(Statue of Liberty rises up in background) Oh my god, I was wrong, it was Earth all along, you've finally made a monkey out of me. Yes, you've finally made a monkey out of me...I love you, Dr. Zaius!"

Draft saved Draft deleted