1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a-hole dry carp bill belichick reconsidered

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Aug 13, 2006.

1. NYGUY

NYGUY Guest

Wayne Gretzky (Edmonton Oilers), Joe Montana and Jerry Rice (San Francisco 49ers), Emmitt Smith (Dallas Cowboys), Joe Namath (New York Jets), Mark Messier and Brian Leetch (New York Rangers) and Mike Piazza (New York Mets) are laughing somewhere...

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

No they're not, because none of them read SportsJournalists.com. And if they did, they'd be laughing at your logic.

Of those named on your list, several of which don't come close to Kosar's iconic status in Cleveland at the time to begin with (Piazza? Leetch? Are you kidding?), none were unceremoniusly dumped at mid-season on a winning team with their numbers still well in into an acceptable range. Several on that list were traded or signed elsewhere at their own behest.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

The phrase "Kosar's iconic status" made me laugh.

4. Bubbler

In retrospect ... sure. But he was a local boy done good type and was a better-than-servicable NFL quarterback. Kind of the Joe Kapp of the late 80s, early 90s.

What the? Why the fuck am I the voice defending Cleveland and the Browns? I'm not fucking from Cleveland! I'm not even a Browns fan!

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

It doesn't take much to make Cleveland happy.

6. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Well, Kosar was FROM there wasn't he? I remember Kosar being on the cover of SI because he entered the supplemental draft for the sole purpose of wanting to play in Cleveland. I guess that alone would make him an icon there.

Look, you don't have to be a Hall of Famer to be an icon. Ask Mark Grace.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

And his hot fries were the best.

[​IMG]

Oh, JOE Kapp. Never mind.

Note to self: Pictures work better WHEN YOU PUT THE PROPER CODING IN!!!

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Mark Grace is an icon? Where?

9. Bubbler

Wasn't he from Boardman, a suburb of Youngstown? That's Browns territory -- also Steeler territory, which makes fans of either team crazy-ass in their zealotry.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

At my last stop, the breakroom vending machine had Andy Capp fries - I got so addicted to those things....ACF were basically the bastardization of Fun-Uns...so good.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Heh heh heh. Oh, Andy Capp. You wife-beating drunk. Heh heh heh.--Homer

12. Bubbler

No way, man. Funyons are the bastardization of Andy Capp fries.

Cheddar fries, yum yum. I can taste the cheese, onion and processed potato now. Along with the subsequent breath that guarantees abstinence for at least a month.

I've gone minimalist in my snacking. I'm big into regular Krunchers at the moment. And Jay's Potato Chips fucking rock.

Draft saved Draft deleted