1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a-hole dry carp bill belichick reconsidered

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Aug 13, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

um, can't you dawg pounders just go to the message board on the browns web site? i didn't realize this thread was for dawg pounders' eyes only.

my bad, i suppose.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Not my point.

My point is that yes, we hold on to it. But he also knew it wasn't likely goign to be something the vast majority of people would care about.

Though I think it's a good read, if only to see how far he has come.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He ruined the team. He failed.

Your relationship with Boy Wonder has nothing to do with that. He fucked up.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

the team was pretty fucked up when he got there, no?

again, who cares now?

5. more than Bill Fitch?

i've never covered Belichick as a beat guy, but i have covered him at playoff games and Super Bowls (granted, not the same) and found him to be a fascinating, thoughtful guy and a willing interview with an incredible understanding of the history of the game. he may be an a-hole, paranoid, all that stuff, but just speaking for myself, i have no complaints

6. Herbert Anchovy

Have a beer in Cleveland sometime.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

think i'll pass for, oh, so many reasons. :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. Herbert Anchovy

It was an aging team. The spin now, as the spin always goes, is such that things were beyond decrepit. The Genius' New England Patriots were decrepit his first year. Big Bill had a 3-13 Browns record from the year before to back him up, but it wasn't anything a good draft could fix. The offensive line killed that old Browns team. But Big Bill was the defensive genius. He had to put his big ol handprint on the team.

So he drafted Tommy "TOUCHDOWN" Vardell a year later, a fullback who never once lived up to his name his rookie year.

New England's success has more to do with Tom Brady than that dead fish ever could. Bledsoe's injury to his insides while running out of bounds saved that asshole's career, and both of them know it. The old Belichick would have put Todd Philcox in, and expected him to be a Brady.

9. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Humorless, paranoid underachiever Al Groh also is on the branch with Crennel, Weis, et al.

Is Romeo Crennel as bad as the rest of these guys?

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

He may have won Super Bowls with Tom Brady, but to me he'll always be the man who cut Drew Bledsoe.

To each his own, I guess. :D

11. lono

lono Active Member

I have just two words for you: Rich Kotite.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Belichick is the prototypical asswipe coach who thinks he's smarter than the media. Period.

And he isn't.

I am sick of it.

He is as gray and colorless and bland as his gameday sweatshirt and fake doo-rag, a mumbling piece of garbage trying on the clothes of a latter-day genius. Fuck his Super Bowls -- which his quivering lips might never have even touched had the same not been firmly suctioned to the fulsome rectum of St. Bill.

Draft saved Draft deleted