1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a-hole dry carp bill belichick reconsidered

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This guy was a supreme fuck-up in Cleveland, as IJAG and Wild Boy Billy and others well know, and it's time someone mentioned something -- ANYTHING -- on Belichick that didn't involve genius dust and velvet fittings. Belichick opened war fronts on both the media and the fans in Cleveland, and remains the most hated coach in the city's history.

Since no one in sports journalism has cared to chronicle The Great Genius' manifest career failures, thankfully, a blogger has. And the boy does a terrific job. Witness his four-part series on Belichick as the bloodless asshole who rightfully deserved to preside over the dying days of the old Cleveland Browns. Terrific job. History, and justice, is served.

Part 4 -- Execute Order 66
    http://www.thephatphree.com/Features.asp?SectionID=2&StoryID=197&LayoutType=1

Part 3 -- The Force Is with You, Young Skywalker
    http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=198&SectionID=2

Part 2 -- The Dawg Pound Strikes Back
    http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=199&SectionID=2

Part 1 -- Romance and First Kiss on Tattooine
    http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=200&SectionID=2

[​IMG]

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

LJB, I haven't read them yet.

But you have instantly become my favorite anonymous poster on SportsJournalists.com.

I fucking hate Bill Belichick. I never remember that when people ask me who I hate most (it's a tossup between Elway and Fucking Art Modell) but Goddamn if Belichick isn't easily a top 3 pick, perhaps No. 1 overall.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

three s.b. titles in four years cleans all slates. sorry, you dawg pounders. 8) 8) 8),

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

shockey, no offense, but you're dead wrong.

People don't trash coaches that win for being assholes? Really? Because I'll bet Bill Parcells would like to know that.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

oh, you can trash bill b. all you want for being a dick. bill p., too. but they're great coaches, dickness and all. and the cleveland experience with bill b. was awful -- because he didn't win.

don't win and act like an a-hole, you get ripped left and right. win and act like an a-hole, and it's acceptable.

and give belichick credit. you bitter dawg pounders. he has improved 100 percent in terms of his p.r. skills. his news conferences today are quite informative.

it's time for dawg pounders to get over it.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sure, as long as you don't ask about any injured players.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

the family tree of paranoid pricks:

Parcells begat Belichick, who begat Saban and Weis. (Saban was also mentored by George Perles, a Hall of Fame paranoid prick in his own right).

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Read the first grafs of part 1 of this four-part series. You could not be more wrong. The Browns were better instantly the minute Belichick got there. Browns fans didn't care. He fucked over the history of the team, had NO people skills, cut people, made bad decisions.

People hated him more in '94 when they were good than they did in '91 when they were 6-10.

But keep on grabbing at straws.

9. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

why do i get the feeling a Jets fan will be starting a thread like this about Mangini in 15 years?

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah, but if belichick did in cleveland what he has in new england, he'd be a god there. don't try to convince us any different.

boo-hoo, belichick cut local, over-the-hill local hero bernie kosar. boo-hoo, he was an inept personality with no sense of how to suck up to the cleveland media.

we get it. he sucked in cleveland. who, other than the dawg pounders, gives a shit? let... it....go.

oh, yeah, and mangini has taken the belichick-parcells lineage to the infinite degree. if he doesn't start winning in year 2, he'll be skewered in tabloid land.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm sorry. Where did it say that you had to read this link? It was written by a Browns fan, and posted here by someone who mentioned other Browns fans.

Whatever we may hold on to, EVERY team's fans have things they hold on to. It's part of being a fan.

12. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

The NYT [Selena] already clobbered Mangini last week. If the NYJ start 0-5 or thereabouts, it will be open season this year, even though six wins with this team would be worthy of COY honors.

Draft saved Draft deleted