1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A hero story from the VA Tech tragedy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zimbabwe, Apr 18, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Like it or not, it is a fair question to ask. There are better and more dignified ways to ask it, but I thought the same thing when I heard he lined them all up and executed them one by one.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, it's not. It's an incredibly insensitive question asked by someone who's obviously never stared down the barrel of a gun. Sixty years ago, Boortz would have asked, "Why didn't the Jews fight back?"

Fuck him. :mad:

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

http://www.vt.edu/tragedy/memorial_fund.php

I am sure they will build a statue or as Fenian suggested, a grove of trees, apparently a Jewish/Israeli tradition.

4. I suspect the VT memorial will be a general one for all the victims.
    He'll get something planted for him at Yad Vashem in Israel, though.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Wow, are you kidding me?
    That guy is a cockdiwaffle.

6. If she thinks there's a culture of passivity, I suggests Ms. Malkin take her poisonous little self to Blacksburg and explain it to them.

7. zagoshe

Good Doctor -- I don't want to argue with you about this because this is such a loaded topic and there is a lot of emotion, but just answer -- there hasn't been one time these past few days that you've asked -- how did one guy with two guns control an entire room of kids and kill them one by one while the others watched?

I agree the way it was asked was tasteless, but it is something that makes you wonder.

8. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Maybe because he had two guns.

9. Maybe because he walked in and opened up with gun blazing, as every student who was fucking THERE has said in interviews.

Jesus christ, some people.

I'd love to see how Boortz, Malkin or any of these pundits would act in similar situations.

Compassionate conservatism, my ass.

10. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Or maybe one person made a move he got his head blown off so the next guy was a little more hesitant. I really can't believe people have brought this up. This isn't 9/11... this guy had two guns, not box cutters and these kids didn't have time to concoct any type of plan. It sickens me that people can question the victims in any way, shape or form.

11. zagoshe

What does compassionate conservatism or conservative/liberal have to do with this at all? That's why these discussions always melt down into the same finger pointing horse shit

12. In questioning the actions of Virginia Tech students involved in the April 16 incident, Boortz joined the ranks of various commentators, including National Review Online contributor John Derbyshire, Chicago Sun-Times columnist Mark Steyn, who also writes for the National Review, and right-wing pundit and Fox News analyst Michelle Malkin.

Well gee, Davey, what do the 4 people listed above have in common?

NOTE: I'm not saying "all conservatives are assholes." Just that these four conservatives are assholes for saying what they're saying in this case.

Draft saved Draft deleted