1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A helpful guide for many ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Everyone should spend 24 hours on 4chan, come back, realize this place is pretty milquetoast and go climb a wall of dicks

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your fine example of non-assholishness and fidelity to board rules of decorum, Sote. AQB would be proud.

3. dooley_womack1

The true sj you, as silly a phrase as that probably is, was gone long ago, sadly. I asked a simple question and made a simple statement. Neither a reason for your going postal.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No one owes anyone here anything. Creosote doesn't owe you, or me, or anyone, "the true sj you." We all change through time. Some outgrow this place. Some never will. We bitch about it, but every day we decide whether to log in or not.

But that's a decision we each make. No one owes anyone anything. It's a motherfucking message board.

5. dooley_womack1

And I offered my opinion, and I also don't like people dropping bombs without elaboration. I'm entitled to that, on this just-a-motherfucking message board.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I didn't see his post, and it wasn't directed at you, dools. I just took your one statement and built off of it because I remembered all the animosity when the "board split" happened and I didn't understand it and I don't understand it now.

If you no longer enjoy SportsJournalists.com, leave. You are more than welcome to do so because none of us signed contracts. Why would you stay somewhere you don't enjoy? However, on the flip side, no one here owes it to you to make it a place you enjoy again. That was the point I was trying to make. If you think people are assholes, and the mods won't kick them out, then you can go or stay. YOUR choice. But no one owes you any kind of concession to keep you here.

If so, I can guarantee you 90 percent of the people on this board wouldn't be here because old-school SJ with the best night crew ever would have cut you guys out like an abscess. But then YGB wouldn't have met CB, and several other married couples wouldn't have met. And so it goes.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

That's where I am with it. Dick can say whatever he wants. Moddy and I are cool with it, and that's all that matters.

And Dick, if I wanted to bitch about you, I would do it here, right where you could read it and go through your inevitable meltdown. But I wasn't aware we were feuding again. What caused it this time? Certainly wasn't anything I said or did.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I just thought your chart fell short, for the reason I mentioned.

Only trying to assist.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I know lawyers lie, but you should at least attempt to avoid the stereotype. Just admit you were trying to start shit, and we all can move on.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Something "happened" to YGB? I think I was part of the dispute that caused his departure, but I didn't realize anything "happened" to him. I thought he just took his ball and went home.

Place is better anyway.

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Interesting ...

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I was actually just trying to make a joke. You wrote "LOLZ." Thought you meant, "Ha ha, very funny. You got me." Didn't realize you still took yourself this seriously, though, or I wouldn't have typed anything.

Glad you decided to make it personal, though. Very grown-up move.

Draft saved Draft deleted