1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A great Newsweek piece on what it is like to be a Muslim-American after 9/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jul 23, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I hope that posters think twice about sterotyping Muslim-Americans after reading this story. I fear that it won't matter and the knuckle-draggers will continue posting the same lame jokes.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19876834/site/newsweek/?GT1=10150

Some outtakes:

2. Nice get, 'beat.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Thank you, sir.

4. And, as someone who supported the movement for Irish civil rights 30 years ago, in the aftermath of the inexcusably butchery of civil-rights marchers on the streets of Derry by British paratroopers, I can say quite seriously that not all of us "supported the IRA."

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'd have more empathy for Muslims here in America and around the world if we'd see more (any?) of them taking to the streets to protest the despicable acts of cowardice that Islamist extremists and their suicide bomb belts commit on just about a daily basis all over the Middle East.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

26% of Muslim men between 18-29 believe suicide bombings can be justified. Doesn't help the cause.

Draft saved Draft deleted