1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A good read on Priest Holmes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Sep 12, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=priest

Anyone read this yet?

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Gave it a read earlier. It was pretty good, but as a Chiefs Fanboy, I wish something would come of it. It would seem as if some team would be willing to give up some sort of a draft pick for him.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Does Priest seem a little bi-polar or is it just me?

I think once injuries start to hit some NFL teams, he could find a home for this season. But he is, what, 34?

4. boots

boots New Member

Priest just doesn't know how to let it go.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

He's a bit older, but he's he's also not taken a lot of hits courtesy of all his injuries. I think he's got at least one more 1,000 yard season left in him, if not more.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I still contend that it had something to do with Hard Knocks.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Honestly, I think he's done. After reading Whitlock's column about how he was back in San Antonio for one of the Chiefs' preseason games, I've come around to the idea that his appearance was solely to try and leverage against Larry Johnson.

8. I'm with Boom.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

The reason you know Holmes is done? Think about Johnson's ridiculously huge contract extension. No way the Chiefs had any leverage. You don't pay someone that much if you think Holmes will give you much this, or any, season.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Priest is back. His first catch went for minus-6 yards.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Quite an impressive start.

12. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Excellent package, from the well-written story itself to the presentation. Solid graphic display at the top and lots of photos running throughout. Shows what you can do with a feature story on a website with plenty of resources.

I'm on the side that thinks he won't make it back to the top of his game, but I hope he does.

Draft saved Draft deleted