1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A good day today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Jun 30, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yesterday I slept 18 hours. And that was the day the thread was started, so I'm sticking with that!

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A great day. Nats win after making me miserable for three hours, I was there to see it with my son and his girlfriend and there was no traffic on the drive home.
    Oh, and the celebration after the home run pissed Spnited off - so there's that, too.

Short work week this week. Damn. I could get used to all this.

3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I heart Track Town Pizza. Good choice, gola! I also recommend Sweet Life (bring home a delicious dessert to your gal when you head home) and Burrito Boy if you need suggestions.

Yesterday, I was up for 19 hours, ran a 5k in the morning with nearly another PR, covered a blowout home win for the final task at my old job and finally got my new boss to tell me what time today I start my new gig. :D

As for today, I start my new gig. Yeah, life is good.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I woke up early enough to drag my trash can to the curb (a rare thing, seeing as the assholes only come at about 8 a.m. on my day off, which makes getting the trash out there in time nearly impossible, so when I actually do, it's cause for celebration), and won $75 playing inebriated online poker late last night.

I have today and tomorrow off, bought concert tickets to see my favorite band, bought a plane ticket for my 10 day vacation later this summer and starting at 2 p.m., will spend the day playing in the pool/drinking margaritas/boozing like a mad man with the girl I am currently fixated on and a few other of my favorite people in town.

I'm in a pretty good mood.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

The boss has left me to run the ship while she's on vacation.

Thus, the Acting Director of Marketing and Communications is planning to close the office doors at 2:30, considering tomorrow is a holiday and all.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Well, I'm on vacation. Tomorrow evening I'll be departing to see a friend in Va. On Wednesday, we hit Busch Gardens and its bad-ass coasters. On Thursday, I've got front row LF-bleacher seats to Royals-Orioles. I'll be there, resplendant in powder blue. (And I've got an extra, if there are any Royals fans in the area... I might sell to an Orioles fan, but only if I have to).

After that, I'll see the ocean, maybe hit the beach, and abuse my liver a time or two. Good times.

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Still a week left in my month-long voluntary layoff vacation. So far, I've stayed up late/slept in whenever I felt like it, spent some quality time with my folks, talked football with fellow researchers for the better part of a weekend in Pittsburgh (and survived a meal at Primanti's), and fell deeply, madly in love with the Chautauqua Institution. Heading back up to Buffalo for Bisons/BPO on Thursday night, staying over for BBQ-and-pool party on the Fourth, and perhaps sneaking in another trip out to C.I. before I drag my ass back to work next Monday.

No complaints here.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Mama cooked the breakfast wit no hog.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I got to sleep in today cause the deadbolt on the door at work wouldn't open and the locksmith couldn't get here before noon. I love sleep.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Will they be breaking into "Oh Canada" at midnight at Cowboys tonight?

Draft saved Draft deleted