1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A good day today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Jun 30, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Let's see: Spain beat Germany in the Euro 2008 final, breaking a 44 year schneid and the Nationals got a two-out, two-strike walk off two-run homer from Ronnie Belliard to turn a 2-1 defeat into a 3-2 victory over the Blowrioles in 12 innings. The win gave the Nats the series victory in the Battle of the Beltways II and, just as important, it means I won a bet with an Orioles fanboi looser bartender.

Because the Nats won, it means he has to down a disgusting, but not vomit-worthy shot. If George Sherrill had done his usual thing, I'd be downing the shot and probably would have queefed.

Just thought you all should know. </Mikey>

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The last of my stiches came out tonight. That was nice.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

We had great weather here.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I priced plane tickets to go see somebody important. It made me smile, even if the ticket won't be.

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Great day, if only because I just watched the Bucket List.

Incredible.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

f_t, to borrow from Princess Bride, I don't think queefed means what you think it means.

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, I covered the Olympic Track and Field Trials today. That was badass. Just a great atmosphere, though the weather sucked donkey balls.

I also went out with a bunch of track dorks, which seemed like it wouldn't be fun, but we ended up at Track Town Pizza, which was very good, and hung out forever and drank a bunch of beer.

I always liked track, but I had a lot more fun listening to the old guys tell their war stories.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Want to hear about my varsity letters, 'Gola?

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Do they spell out L-A-M-E?

11. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

You are owning this thread, Arnie.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey fuck off!

I don't deserve to be made fun of just because I went to Local Agricultural and Mechanical Education school!

Draft saved Draft deleted