1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A girl named Buck gets hit by a deer at XC meet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Nope. Just a kid being chased by a deer during a small cross country meet.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If I were the other coach, I'd protest that being chased by a deer gave the opponent an advantage and ask if I could chase my players in an ATV with a shotgun.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Deer have been getting their asses kicked by humans for centuries. It's about time they started fighting back.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Love the coach quote ...

"I can coach them and I can teach them everything they need to do with running, but I can't coach them on what to do when a deer jumps out at you."

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Did anyone else catch that the girl weighs 78 pounds. I mean, I know she's only a freshman and a runner, but damn.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're damn right I was. Sadly, they have gone back to the Google grave. But they sure were doozies.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

She's very small. Is there video on this? Maybe it can get replayed over and over and over like that cheerleader who gt wiped out a couple of weeks ago.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have seen two deer run at full sprint out of the woods past me before at a lake. They were about 10 feet from me, and they had good reason to be running.

Some yahoo was setting off compression fireworks (you know the big boom you hear) on a hillside up from the lake.

Deer will run if they are spooked enough.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

No video. Only what you see posted above.

Oh, and the coach is now pissed at me for not being there at the meet. He forget the fact that we had four Class 3-A teams and one 1-A team running about 30 miles from the office, much closer than where his team was.

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I blame Flipper.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I blame Canada.

Draft saved Draft deleted