1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A game for Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Nov 13, 2008.

1. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I'm telling her you said that.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

If I stop in the store on the way home from while wearing a tie, someone always thinks I work there and asks me where to find something.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Only person I've ever seen in a tie at a Wal-Mart is the store pharmacist.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is it bingo if you fill the corners? Cause I saw those four today...

5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

This Wal-Mart thread reminds me of a story involving my younger brother about two weeks ago. He had to get a couple of quick things, so he went to Wal-Mart.

Anyway, he does his shopping, grabs his two bags and leaves. He gets to his car and he's putting his bags in the back seat when he feels a tap on his shoulder, so he turns around and instantly he's being handed a baby. Naturally, he's a little confused, so he does what I guess most people would do and he grabs the baby. And he watches as the mother (he guesses it was the mother) runs across the parking lot and pulls another lady out of the car by her hair and starts beating her ass. The car's other passengers (four in total) jump out and start beating the assailant. Three other people who were just standing in front of the doors at Wal-Mart come running in and join the fight, on the original assailant's part. Before you know it, it's an all-out brawl involving 8-10 people.

My brother says this goes on for a good three or four minutes, all the while he's holding the baby. Cops show up and break up the fight and he spends the next hour and a half giving statements while the police sort everything out. As far as the baby, a female officer came and took it.

I've been to a Wal-Mart before where I saw a man go in and buy a shovel, then come outside and smack his passenger in the face with it. But I think my brother's story tops anything I've ever heard.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I hate when this happens. LOL.

7. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

CONFESSION: My sister met her husband at a Wal Mart. Apparently Patrick Starfish [as we call him because, well, he sounds and acts like Patrick] had a crush on my sister in high school. Sis was unaware of his existence. Jump ahead several years and Patrick is leaving WM. He gets in his compact pickup truck - the one with the "Don't need booze...Don't need drugs...Just need Jesus!" bumper sticker on the tailgate - and makes his way through the parking lot to an exit.

Sis drives by him in the parking lot as she is on her way to WM. Patrick realizing that he just saw his high school crush after many years wonders if it's a sign from God. He pulls into an empty space along the outer perimeter of the WM parking lot and has a little chat with God. God tells him to go inside and find Sis and that she'll become his wife. Patrick runs back into WM and scours the store looking for Sis. He does find her and they eventually got married.

I'm surprised the wedding didn't take place at WM.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If the other checkers are backed up, remember you can always get your bingo card validated at the jewelry counter.

Draft saved Draft deleted