1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A game for Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Nov 13, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's awesome, Flip. And I agree with Debra Jackson. I hate getting all dolled up for my Wal-Mart excursions. When will society let me be?

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Priceless.

People dressing up to go to Wal-Mart? Wow.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

If I have to go Wally World in my office clothes, I feel incredibly over-dressed.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I was at Wal-Mart today, and I saw the absolute worst cashier, in terms of customer service, ever. She fit the build -- and then some; her gut dipped well below her pants, her teeth weren't quite right and she was just nasty in ever meaning of the word.

I got in line after an elderly couple, so I knew it'd take me a little bit. But, with the 19 off the glow, this cashier became even uglier. "I'm closed!" she'd say to everyone who got behind me, each more harsh than the last. She must have said it 10-12 times -- and I understand that it can be frustrating; really, I get that. But then she'd complain about the customers, in front of the customers, to her co-workers.

After a few minutes of this, I locked eyes with a woman in her mid-30s across from my aisle, and we were thinking the same thing: How can someone this ... well, ugly in all forms -- especially to the customers -- be allowed to person a line. And then we knew: This is Wal-Mart.

5. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Get a number from the fellow disgruntled customer? ;)

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I don't think mike would have any compunctions against dating a woman in her thirties. :D

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Went to Wal-Mart last week and got in the line of a fairly attractive cashier who was damn near topless. She was wearing one of those low-cut T-shirts underneath with the buttons on a henley shirt undone. Although it was a little awkward and I tried not to stare, I gotta say I enjoyed watching her bag up my stuff.

And then there was the time I saw the man with the "Real Men Eat Pussy" T-shirt, at 10 a.m. on a Sunday morning. While more entertaining than the cashier, he wasn't nearly as attractive.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Mrs. Stain starts her job at Wal-Mart tomorrow. We'll see if she can fill this out on the sly while stocking shelves.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

I miss Flash :(

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Now spammers are chapz!

11. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Me, too.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The way I see it, one less Canuck the better.

Draft saved Draft deleted