1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A game for Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The fights are usually in the parking lot. Same goes for the teenagers having unprotected sex.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It missed "playing Bowling for Blowjobs with shopping trolleys."

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

1. Yes.
    2. I've got a 4-year-old niece, who happens to be stuck in a princess-crazed life.

4. Need to add: Someone begs for money either at the door for their "church" or in the parking lot because they're homeless.

There's a guy who hangs around my local Wal-Mart and carries around a note explaining that he's deaf and needs money. After I shook my head no, I was so tempted to set off my car alarm to see if he would turn around, just to see if he's faking it.

5. Dessens71

Dessens71 Member

I always notice someone audibly using the F word and a person whose gender I cannot readily identify.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Tonight, I was in a Wal-Mart parking lot. I was there only because it was a central location to meet another person. And as I'm waiting, I see a woman walking into the store in her bathrobe. A bathrobe. What kind of person goes out in public in a bathrobe, much less into a store??

Oh, I did eventually venture into the store, thinking I might pick up the latest SI to read while I waited. But guess what? No fucking SI in the entire store. All those magazines and there is not a single SI (or even a Sporting News??)

I go back to my car wishing that someone would put me out of my misery.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

I don't think Wally World is quite as trailer parkish here as it is down there, but I still hate that fucking place. I just got back from there and people have lost all sense of common courtesy. I let some battleaxe past me in the aisle and she grunted in my general direction. I said 'thank you' and she goes 'HA!'

Seriously ... that's my last time there until after the holidays.

8. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I avoid Wal-Mart at all costs, but I invariably end up in one during Christmas shopping, and I regret it every time. Not gonna happen this year! Every one I've been in, no matter the state, the customers have been rude (and dirty). I'll stick to Target, thanks.

9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Dude, I showered today...I am so *not* dirty. And I'm usually nice, long as nobody is between me and the $1.97 gallons of Hawaiian Punch.

10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I can't even find the new SI at Fred Meyer, I can find the NFL preview but not the new one.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, it doesn't really have that rep here. In Canuckistan it's no different than Zellers or other regional low-priced stores. We don't have a lot of the high-end retailers here that you find in the US.

Draft saved Draft deleted