1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A funny thing happened on the way to Harbour Town

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nietsroob17, Apr 10, 2012.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://www.effinghamsheriff.org/BOOKINGDESK.aspx

Effingham County (Effen'ham to those from south Georgia) is along the state line and would be along the route from Augusta to Interstates 95 and 16, on his way back up to Hilton Head.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Jeez mugshot for speeding?

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I think it was due to it being speeding in excess (32 mph). Looking at the booking, he must've been on the short stretch of Interstate 95 that's in Effingham County, no more than a mile long between Chatham County and the S.C. state line.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'd be trying to get the fuck out of Georgia as fast as possible, too.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I guess that foot problem he had in the 90s has been resolved.

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Manterola?

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Was Sheriff Roscoe P Coltrane on duty?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Shoulda been strip-searched.

9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Possibly mother's surname.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    But the Coors was fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Nice touch, 93.
    OK, I grew up not too far from that area, just a county or two over. There is a stretch of Highway 21 that they raised the speed limit to 65. 21 is a four-lane highway, almost all divided, between Savannah and Millen, where it hits 21 and is four-laned all the way to Augusta (take the Bobby Jones to Peach Orchard Highway and there you go. Yeah, I've driven it a few times). And north of Springfield (it's a helluva town), there ain't much out there, except of course Sylvania, and that's about it. I've driven that road a couple of times and you can verily put the hammer down for long stretches of vastly empty road.
    The sheriff of that county, from all I've heard, is a really good guy and pretty well-respected in the area.
    Since Mr. Olazabal is a foreigner and was violating super speeder laws, he had to come to the sheriff's department and post bond in cash (his caddy, I understand, was with him, and that was $200 for him and $400 for Olazabal). He paid up, and they let him on his way. Since he had to come to the sheriff's office to pay the citation, they took his mugshot, though he was not booked for anything.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If Manterola is his mother's surname...he should go home and punch his mama right in the mouth.

Draft saved Draft deleted