1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A fun thread: How do you keep your car's interior?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, May 9, 2011.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

My car interior is always clean. I have a shop vac, and have had one since I got my first car, so vacuuming is free. I have a california duster for the dash so that is dust free. I also use Lexol to clean the leather and vinyl and keep it shiny. Ive found Meguiar's doesnt work well. Lets see, I also keep a blanket in the trunk so my baseball stuff doesn't get mud all over the trunk. Easy to wash the blanket than the trunk.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I only vacuum about once or twice a year, so the carpet and mats aren't always spotless, but the only thing you'll find loose in the passenger compartment is a snow brush, and that's only in the winter. Cups and wrappers leave the car with whoever brought them in.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Mine isn't too bad. Just some papers and notebooks, etc., from work that I leave in there overnight when I'm driving it the next day.

My motorcycle, on the other hand, absolutely spotless. I even keep a California duster in the saddlebag and use it every day.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The floors in my car are spotless. It's hard to get stains on them with all the trash on top.

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

That isn't an ink stain [rimshot]

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I junked my old car (a '97 Buick LeSabre) a couple of months ago. Emptying it out for its date with the electric chair, I recovered:

• Three old flash drives.
    • An old digital recorder that included an interview from the 2004 college basketball season.
    • A total of 28 books from the passenger seat, the floor in front of the seat, the back seat and trunk.
    • $32.15 in change from under the seats. (I left a number of pennies that, due to soda spillage, were spot-welded to the carpet.)
    • A label maker (still in the plastic) that was a Christmas gift from 2005.
    • An unopened bottle of (Lord knows how old) Pete's Wicked Ale.
    • A mini-bat from the Louisville Slugger Museum with my name burned into it.
    EDIT: •Oh, and the obligatory rubber chicken, liberated from my now-defunct old office before the paper folded.

New car, two months in, remains immaculate. Only three books, all piled neatly on the passenger seat.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I try to keep mine clean, but it's impossible.

I haven't cleaned the dash in God knows how long, so there's about an inch of dust on it. The passenger side floorboard is covered with straw wrappers and some other trash, the back seat is full of stuff (only cleaned out when I have people riding with me) and my trunk has stuff in it from the last few years I've had the car. I need to clean it up soon because it's getting pretty messy.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

It's funny this thread was created when it was because I just cleaned my car out Friday after not having done so in a very, very long time.

Like many of you, I'm an eat-on-the-way-to-places guy and, on my busiest days, I don't have time/forget to think about cleaning out my garbage can. And by garbage can I mean passenger side foot area.

I'll clean it out once a week or when it irritates me but the dash/radio/center console area went at least six months without a good cleaning until this week.

The backseat? Yeah, that usually starts out promising after I clean it. I can keep it spotless for about two weeks and then it goes three months without a proper cleaning, especially the floors.

And the trunk? Well, as great a cleaning as I gave this weekend, the trunk is still a dump. I've got my cleats from flag football in there. Haven't played a game since last May.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Mine is pretty close to immaculate; I can't stand a dirty car. Besides, it's easier to keep it clean than to let it go and try to play catch-up periodically.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

The front of my car is always close to perfect. In the back, it's a little bit cluttered because of my golf and tennis gear.

Draft saved Draft deleted