1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A fun late night game for the board

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, Apr 12, 2009.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

So IJAG and I were discussing this on AIM and thought it would be a really fun game for the board.

One of my friends and I play this game where we throw out two athletes and then a random activity and we have to analyze the question and come up with a "serious" answer. For example, tonight on his facebook status my friend had: "Ichiro Suzuki or Hideki Matsui...at drunk-dialing Japan?"

IJAG and I both feel that it has to be Ichiro since Matsui doesn't seem like the drinking type. You can choose to answer someone else's or come up with your own.

The first one for the board: LeBron James or Dwyane Wade...at crocheting?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dwyane. LeBron would be too worried about damaging his hands.

Ben Roethlisberger or Tom Brady ... at singing the Canadian national anthem?

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I truly believe that Dwyane Wade would not let anyone else see him crocheting, to the extent that he'd never do it.

LeBron is more comfortable in his own skin.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I agree with Wade. It seems like he'd have smaller, more manageable hands.

Brady. Roethlisberger would get too drunk and then fall on the ice and suffer a concussion.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Roethlisberger on the Canadian national anthem. No doubt. Brady's too cool for that. Ben is up for anything.

Plaxico Burress or Pacman Jones. ... at an evening at the ballet?

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

See, in that scenario I think you're dealing with who would cause less damage. So you have to go with Plaxico since he'd just shoot himself. Jones could very well end up shooting down a few giant chandeliers and killing multiple people.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Burress. He can play a dignified dude; he's just fucked up. Pacman couldn't play a dignified dude if his life depended on it.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. or Jeff Gordon ... as co-host of "Live with Kelly and ------"?

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Plaxico... he seems as if he'd only be trouble if someone got in his grill. Pacman seems like he'd be more of a bull in a china shop.

John Daly or John Kruk... in a 20-yard dash.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Jeff Gordon... he's much more polished and corporate-like.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Jeff Gordon, because he's done it before. Plus, stay-at-home moms understand Gordon more than Dale Jr.'s country talk.

And for Trouser: Daly. He'd be too drunk to know when to stop.

Alex Ovechkin, or Sidney Crosby ... at styling a girl's hair for prom?

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That's easy. Crosby. He seems much more in touch with his feminine side.

As for Kruk or Daly, I think it depends on what's at the finish line. If it's a steak, then Kruk. If it's a fifth of Jack, then Daly.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens. ... On a lie detector machine?

Draft saved Draft deleted