1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A friend's dilemma inspires this...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Jun 28, 2007.

1. I've been completely loyal to my wife since our first date. I would never kiss another woman, much less touch or screw them.
    But I don't think I'd call kissing someone "cheating." It's wrong, but cheating, to me, conveys a much more serious transgression.

2. My wife and I have big fights, Sxy, but it's not because we lied to one another or because one of us was kissing someone else. There's some inherent problems here.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There is also such a thing as being too immature to maintain a relationship.

She lies to him repeatedly them leaves town in the middle of the night; he responds by making out with some chick he knows.

They're done. Forgiveness is one thing; being married to a dipshit is something else entirely.

4. We disagree on this and that's fine. I think it's cheating. Cheating had I done it; cheating had my wife done it. I don't think there's a difference between "transgressions." It's not where your dick is, it's where your heart is.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

But, according to printdust, this guy got "shitfaced" ... though it's certainly not right -- alcohol distorts one's thinking and decision-making.
    So kissing and petting ONE time, when under the influence of lots of alcohol shows bad decision-making, and not necessarily the fact his heart isn't with his wife.

Again, I'm not excusing the actions - just saying just because you get drunk and kiss a girl doesn't mean your heart isn't with someone else.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Once you are married? Yeah, it pretty much does.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

That is both profound and hilarious at the same time.

8. And I'm not saying it's not forgivable. I just don't see the point from what I know of this relationship. You get shit-faced over a major fight and end up with another woman?

Sometimes it's just best to cut your losses. Neither party sounds very mature.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

So if the dick is there and the heart is still at home...then its all good.
    Right?

10. You mean: Home is where the dick is? Absolutely. I think. ;D

11. printdust

printdust New Member

I myself have learned a lesson here. Never say never. You NEVER know what might happen down your path. Not saying you would, but just the declaration alone can curse you.

I wouldn't agree with the cut-and-run theories. Hell, anything can be forgiven...one of the hardest things to live out in matrimony, but nonetheless possible.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

Who in this case is the dipshit?

Draft saved Draft deleted