1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Fourth Of July Lesson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 30, 2006.

1. http://blog.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2006/06/the_hero_of_guantanamo.html

Sometimes, the level of courage and character attained by our military is astonishing to me.
    Sometimes, I think they're the only guys who care about the Constitution they've sworn to uphold.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Nice find, F_B.

No matter which way the urling went, I'm glad that this guy was afforded a full-throated legal defense.
    That is what we're supposed to be fighting for.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I actually like the timing of this article, and the Supremes' decision. This is absolutely a lesson in America.

We should always strive to be better than our enemy, despite what our enemy has done to us.

We should always strive to set a good example to the world, even if the world doesn't want to follow our example.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Fenian - nice find. What a great story of courage given the fact that this weekend we as a country celebrate our own independance.

thank you for linking.

these stories always having a way of renewing my faith in america just when you think all is lost.

We all should celebrate this small victory for Hammas.   His freedom is ours as well. 

Thanks again for linking such a meaningful story.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Boom,

You feeling OK today?

6. Boom_70

Feeling fine and dandy Ace - why do you ask?

7. Boom and I respect each other's patriotism.
    We just disagree on the advisability of electing various of our fellow citizens.
    Happy Fourth, my quote-happy brother!

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No reason. Happy Fourth.

9. Boom_70

Ace just goes to prove that patriotism is thicker than politics.

Happy forth to you as well my liberal brother- and ace to you as well.

I will hoist a few Sam Adams Summer ales this week end in your honor .

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Re: An Independence Day Lesson

This is a nitpick of mine, but I prefer referring to the holiday as Independence Day. Much more meaningful that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted