1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A few observations, since I can't find any other place to say these things

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DavidPoole, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Geez just what we need here at SJ - another liberal who stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

That is the greatest post ever. Awesome.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is quite witty... and quite pungent.

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

It's official. You're never allowed to judge anything ever again. Except maybe a no-sleeved t-shirt contest or Miller Lite taste test.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Like most posts, I really have nothing to add (like always), except that I really enjoyed listening to Mr. Poole on Packer's show when I was down that way.

In fact, I hope that show's still on the air. Forgot what station it's on, but it's must-listen radio in the Charlotte area.

As for the election, well... shit, I don't know. I'm not sure what Republican could've won this thing in the wake of the Bush administration.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When Billy Packer sees this post do you think that he will let this guy anywhere near his show.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yeah ... that's it.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Good post, David.

A USA Today op-ed piece claiming something as dumbed-down? Now that's quality. Was there a pie chart?

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Sorry. It's Packer's son. And from what I heard on the airwaves, none of the old man's pretensiousness rubbed off on him.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is that I also saw a report that turnout wasn't that much bigger that 2004, I guess they're talking about percentage.
    I like early voting. I like vote by mail. Do we really want to make voting more difficult for people? Give them a test to make sure they're informed? Why not make people pay a tax to vote?
    If the government was willing to invest in buying enough machinery to allow everyone to vote on Election Day without waiting for six hours that's fine.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ragu's avatar has become a heckuva metaphor for O_T and Pall.

Draft saved Draft deleted