1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Few Good Men question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jan 24, 2009.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

So I'm watching A Few Good Men, and in one scene, Kaffee's watching a baseball game on TV. I'd swear it was Braves-Dodgers from Dodger Stadium. You hear a pbp announcer say Ripken scores. So I look it up on IMDB, and they say it's a game between the Twins and Orioles, and it was played a year before the setting of the movie. The game certainly isn't in the Metrodome, and again, I'd swear it was Dodger Stadium. Anybody else notice this in the scene?

2. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

[​IMG]
    "You want me on that wall, you need me on that wall."

4. Fixed.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Fen using fun with the quote function. Another mantle I'll be passing along soon enough, I'm sure.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I don't like the fact that Demi Moore's hair was always up in that movie. I understand that in the courtroom scenes. But when not in public, she needs to be the sultry goddess she is.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The game was Orioles-Twins. It was the only game I ever saw at Memorial Stadium. Mike Devereaux hit a walk-off single to end what was something like a 16-game Minnesota winning streak.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Watched that movie twice in the past 24 hours. That's what happens when you have the flu, I suppose, but it's a damn fine movie.

9. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I don't think her hair is up. I think it's just really short and combed back.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I knew I hated him for something.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

My biggest problem is the courtroom line: I think I'm entitled.

I understand it allows Jessup to go on his ran, but no person would ever say it — especially since entitlement has nothing to do with what happens in a courtroom.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

A lot of the back and forth during questioning doesn't actually happen either. Or does it? I'm not sure. I'm sure the JAG courtroom and a regular courtroom are different. I'm just too dumb to know the differences.

Draft saved Draft deleted