1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A father's revenge

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In 1995, a French court convicted a German doctor in absentia of manslaughter in a girl's 1982 death. Germany refuses to extradite him. This past weekend, the doctor was found tied up and gagged on the steps of a French courthouse. The girl's father is the suspect in the kidnapping.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article6882688.ece

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Beautiful

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I didn't know Starman was French.

4. LWillhite

LWillhite Member

L'etoile-homme?

5. Brav-Fucking-O....
    That man should be given the highest civilian award possible!

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I thought only the Mossad did this type of stuff.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

And Batman in the Dark Knight.

8. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Given that the German doctor was delivered to the courthouse, I think a decent case can be made for this. Plenty of fathers would have delivered him to the morgue.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Under international law, the French may not be able to keep Krombach in jail if Germany objects. The Ronnie Biggs kidnapping from Brazil in 1981 is a precedent.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, I stopped reading a few paragraphs in...but the doctor was living with the girl's mother? So was he essentially in a stepfather role, and drugged her to rape her?

Because if so, the restraint shown by the father in this case is admirable.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Shocked, I tell you, shocked, that the French won something.

Or, the doctor was a "live-in" BF, rather than being married to her and being considered as step-father.

Mel Gibson and "Ransom" feels that father didn't go far enough to get revenge.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Right. I'm saying I read Inky's lead-in and figured it was a doctor who accidentally overdosed her. I was just shocked to find out this wasn't in a professional setting, that he knew this girl and basically drugged her to rape her.

Draft saved Draft deleted