1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A different Vegas question...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PCLoadLetter, May 5, 2008.

1. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Greetings from The Strip. It's sunny and the Flamingo has filed bankruptcy.

The TI show is not what is used to be. The gamimg industry started targeting families through their marketing efforts in the early 90's, but that not the case anymore. The Zumanity show at NYNY is not something to take the kids to if you stay there. Circus is another one to avoid. With kids, Vegas limited, as far as the choices you have.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Oh, I saw a Paris mention earlier. Disabuse yourself of any kid-friendly reasons to stay there.

When we were in Vegas three years ago, we wandered into Paris to see what it was like, since I hadn't been there. The staff was rude and when they saw my son and daughter, were downright nasty and hostile.

Fuck the place. Didn't know they even imported the Parisian attitude with all the other French stuff there.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hell, you can stay at Bally's, which is connected to Paris. Don't even have to go outside if you want to stroll through.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Flamingo is owned by Harrah's. No way it filed for bankruptcy.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It was the Trop not the Famingo that went belly-up today.

The NYNY is the best kid-friendly hotel in Vegas, by a country mile. Rooms are big, pool is not hip enough to draw crazy drunks, the food court is great and there's the Rollercoaster and the huge gameroom where dad can get a Nathans dog while the kids play games.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Trop's been on the skids for a while. How bad does a management company have to be to f*ck up a joint on that block? Especially when the front of the building prints money?

7. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

My mistake earlier. My apologies.

By the way, not many new construction condos left here. I hear they are close to being all sold. If you're lucky enough to find one still on the market, you may have to pay full market price, but it'll be a great investment!

8. Rich Griffis

Rich Griffis Member

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Excalibur. It is probably the most kid-friendly place on the strip and rooms available for $55-$65 in June (or $111 on Fridays and Saturdays). I think it is the second floor that has a large arcade/midway, a food court with kid-centric offerings (and a Krispy Kreme), a SpongeBob Squarepants attraction and of course the whole knights and castle theme. They apparently have totally redone the pool area since we stayed there with our kids (it was kind of small before). Our boys enjoyed the Tournament of Kings dinner show.

All in all, we found it to be a good fit for a family trip. In fact, I don't know that I would stay there again without kids because there were so many of them all over the place.

Draft saved Draft deleted