1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A decent interview with Tiger

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by playthrough, Dec 3, 2015.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Read the article. Loved how honest Tiger was. Thought it was very interesting that the only analyst he can stand is Finchy. I know he can't stand Miller. (Nor can I for that matter)
    Would love it if he did Feherty once.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

We don't know how many kids he has. He might not either. If he doesn't destroy humanity, some descendant of his might.

I'm glad Hitler didn't have any kids.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You know, that was sort of my thought when I read that. I wonder if he and Feherty have a decent relationship and he just overlooked it, or if they have problems between them.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A little too irreverent for Tiger's taste, I'm thinking. Also Feherty was the announcer at the 15th hole when Woods had his rules kerfluffle at the Masters in 2013. Baker-Finch is the most relentlessly positive of all commentators. He's just got a sunny personality, I think he's true to himself, but of course Tiger likes him best. I wonder what these guys would think if they had the same level of commentary as exists in other sports. Even someone like Troy Aikman would be much too candid for most golfers.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Tiger doesn't do well with critical questions, let alone criticism. In 2011, he was having a press conference about yet another swing change and someone asked, "what if this one doesn't work?" Tiger immediately became bitchy and stand-offish. "Well, it's GOING to work. How can it not?"

Draft saved Draft deleted