1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A day at the county fair with ye olde chef

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

For Unlawful Carnie Knowledge?

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

That's the best part of the carnival, right there.

I'm sad because my hometown fair is going on this weekend as well. The fair where I live now sucks majorly, despite the fact that the town is five times larger than my hometown. However, my little podunk Kansas hometown knows how to throw a party and everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, in town shows up. Nothing's open because everyone's at the fair. You have three nights of PRCA rodeo (where the cowboys have usually all been to at least one NFR. I've even seen Trevor Brazile at my hometown rodeo), two night of a demo derby, the combine demo derby (which is one of the largest attractions at the fair), singing contests at the bandshell, the pork burger feed at the sale barn, 4-H and FFA exhibits, a carnival, a fish fry...the list goes on and on. It's really hard to get bored here.

And yes, I rode the mechanical bull. And had to be carried to my car afterwards because I about killed my knee.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's got to be the end of September at the very earliest before we talk any type of fair here.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Looking forward to the state fair in five weeks. A nice helping of alligator, the half-pound hot dog, turkey leg, root beer or lemonade and deep-fried Milky Way.

Might try a deep-friend Coke this year.

I could look like Mark Mangino after a week at the state fair. luckily, we only go two days.

5. Low Battery

Low Battery New Member

Was Duncan the amazing diving horse there?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So this wasn't the Bourbon County Fair?

Because there ain't no fair like the Bourbon County Fair.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Did they have deep fried cheese curds. Because a county fair without deep fried cheese curds is like heaven without Jesus.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

they have those at our state fair. My dad always gets a helping.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

I just had a seizure after looking at your side sig.

Draft saved Draft deleted