1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A day at the county fair with ye olde chef

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

It started at 10am this morning, with the annual parade. People throwing candy, frisbees, beer coozies......everything from the backs of combines, to my dad out of his 1927 Ford Coupe.

Parade lasted 45 minutes......then we went to the carnival.

Cool thing about this carnival.......every ride takes 1 ticket.....each ticket costs .25

People from all over Southwest Kansas come to this thing.......some of the best food you will ever eat. From the Walking Taco, to the Giant Corn Dog, to the Giant Beef Burrito, to the Extra Large Frito Chili Pie.......a cholesterol heaven.

I have relatives all over this little town, from 3rd cousins, to my 92 year old Great Grandmother.

At county fairs, you see all kinds of people......from the 9-year old (like Jr. Chef) trying to see how many times he can ride the fastest, mind-numbing ride in a row without peuking, to 34 year old dads (like Chef) finally being talked into getting on the ride with Jr. and praying for death about 20 seconds into it. (I swear to Tebow, I thought my heart had stopped for a minute on this fucking thing.)

It only happens once a year out here, and thank Tebow it does, but when it does, it is a blast.

Oh........one of the local drunks decided to ride a bull tonite at the rodeo. We'll expect to see either the hospital report or the death notice sometime on monday.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's all well and good, but it dodged the important question ... did you bone a carnie like you own a carnie?

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Another cool thing about this carnival.......everything is done local.....they don't bring in any outside rides or people to help run them.......it's all put on by the locals, and they take mucho pride in this carnival.

So, no.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

VIVA LA FUNNEL CAKES!

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Outfuckingrageously good.

The cherry ones were orgasmic.

6. Bubbler

You say that like it's a good thing. There ain't no love like carnie love.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So what is your carnie knowledge, bubs? Do tell. I'm sure it would make for a great story.

8. Petrie

Petrie Guest

So do they serve Chef toes instead of elephant ears?

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

No......they did serve beef tongue, though.

I am not joking.

10. Bubbler

No story here, just going on faith based on the universal attractiveness and ebullient personalities of every single carnie I've ever crossed paths with.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Eh, I just wanted to type the phrase "carnie knowledge."

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Interesting...we don't get that kind of stuff out West.

Draft saved Draft deleted