1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A crisis of conscience

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Aug 15, 2007.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Some guys with rosy outlooks on here.

2. zeke --
    While I agree with you on the substance of what you said, when you run for president, that's not gonna be the line for interviews, OK?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You think I should just scrap the whole Welfare Queens/Ripple for All platform?

Because without it, I'm in the weeds.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

In college I spend 50 cents for the bus downtown to get to the bank. I have maybe a dollar in change left in my pocket. I get off downtown, bum asks for change, I give him all of it and walk to my bank. Which is closed, national holiday. This was a few years before ATMs became common; in fact, I had never heard of one. Long walk back to campus, about five miles.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

And Buckdubs crushes the BP fastball 475 feet!!!!

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And maybe you live on Pluto, homes.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There used to be a guy who parked himself outside of Yankee Stadium after the game holding a sign that said, "I'll be honest. I'm going to buy booze." The guy cleaned up compared to the other homeless people.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I once took out $200+ from a cash machine & gave it to a sincere & honest looking guy with a story about how his foreign credit crd didn't work & took his phony foreign number. I felt like an idiot, not a saint.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Now he stands on the Deegan. I've seen him twice in the last three weeks.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Past three weeks, BYH. Past. Not last. [/crossthreading]

11. Hustle

Hustle Guest

HB, about a month ago I had the same kind of experience.

I stopped at a 7-11 near my apt. on the way home from work one night. There was maybe like one other customer when I walked in there. Before long, two guys from the military (Army, I presume) walked in. Then another. Then two more. Then three more. Then another. And another. Honest to God, there must have been like 12 of them in this place. (I never felt safer in my life.) I'm guessing they were on their way to - or coming from - work at the Pentagon.

I paid for my stuff and walked out, encountering two more guys walking in. I got about a block down the road and just got this miserable, sinking feeling. Why couldn't I have just put $30 on my card and bought those guys a little something? You know, use the $30 until it runs out - enjoy it, boys. A small token of thanks for your service.

I could have kicked myself. I'm still pissed at myself a month later for not doing something - it's almost shameful.

12. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I know Terry Pluto, and you sir, are no Terry Pluto. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted