1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A cool idea for Halloween

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 31, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I should have remembered this earlier, but the wife did not pull out last year's stash until yesterday. I had totally forgotten I did this, but it was a huge hit.

Go to a local baseball card shop and see if they have boxes of recent commons. From opening packs looking for a specific card or cards, many stores will have huge quantities of cards that they really do not have a use for anymore.

I bought 300 or so for $5 or $10 last year, and each kid got one card along with their candy. I live in a neighborhood with tons of kids, so the 300 cards have lasted me just two Halloweens. Actually, what is nice is that most of the players are still active.

The kids love it, plus you are sparking an interest in a child in something most of us probably enjoyed as a child.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

That's a great idea.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

I'll just hand out 5,000 copies of the card that is a keepsake to all Royals fans........

Jim Sundberg

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Not Chris Chambliss?

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

[​IMG]

Why not just hand out 2,000 of those.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

What's a Fick Face? :D

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm giving eggs with directions to my publisher's house.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just be prepared to have your house egged when those kids break open a copy of Beckett Monthly and realize the J.D. Drew card you gave them is not going to pay their way through college.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I can probably find some unopened boxes of Pro Set football somewhere for a few pennies.

Draft saved Draft deleted