1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A convicted killer. A published author.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by QYFW, Jul 3, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

If he thinks things look bleak now, wait until he sees that first royalty check.

exmediahack and QYFW like this.
  3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

QYFW likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

All you have to do is murder someone to send your kids to college.

Last year, Jarrett Haley, the founder of a small literary magazine, Bull, gave a selection of the stories to a literary agent, Sandra Dijkstra. A few days after she signed Mr. Dawkins, Ms. Dijkstra sold the stories to Scribner for a low-six-figure advance; Mr. Dawkins’s share goes into an education fund for his children.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

How bad do you want to be a published author? Bad enough to kill?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He'd have nothing to write about if he hadn't killed someone and gone to prison.

7. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the great SNL sketch with Eddie Murphy as Tyrone Green, the Angriest Poet of the Bedford-Stuyvesant School of Poetry. This is the best known segment thereof. The piece -- can't find the whole thing -- begins with Swifty Lazar, literary agent, saying, "I tell my clients: If you commit a crime, we'll talk."

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

It's just hidden under a different title ;)

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="QYFW, post: 4253987, member: 149538

I sure do read more when the politics thread is shuttered.

[/QUOTE]
    Worst part of that is that super dink @YankeeFan is now popping up in disparate forums. I liked him largely confined to the politics thread where he could retweet shit and argue in defense of the moron in chief. Now he's like the undead walking around aimlessly.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Now I picture Yankee Fan as that guy on the end credits of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. "Grrr. Arrgh."

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Worst part of that is that super dink @YankeeFan is now popping up in disparate forums. I liked him largely confined to the politics thread where he could retweet shit and argue in defense of the moron in chief. Now he's like the undead walking around aimlessly.[/QUOTE]

In the words of Starman, suck it up.

Draft saved Draft deleted