1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Christmas Story

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Dec 24, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

"Fra-gee-lay ... must be Italian"

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

"The ecstasy of unbridled avarice."

I think about that line every time I open a present on Christmas.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

"Oh, will you look at that. Isn't that glorious? It's indescribably beautiful. It reminds me of the fourth of July."

And Merry Christmas to everyone here at SportsJournalists.com.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

"I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed."

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Probably my wife's favorite movie; it was on when I got home tonight.

I wonder if the people involved had any idea how unbelievably good a movie it was when they made it.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

ms. shields? yeah, i'd hit it.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The more I watch it, the more I think my favorite moments are the smaller ones. Like Randy's face when his mom asks him to show her how the piggy's eat. It's kind of a half smile at first, then it turns into a big shit-eating grin when he realizes that she's going to let him make a mess.

And my personal favorite, when the Old Man goes yelling at the hound dogs after they destroy the turkey: "Sons of bitchessy.... Bumposes!!!" Kills me every time.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

"Fa-ra-ra-ra"
    "No it's fa-la-la-la, try it again"
    "fa-ra-ra-ra"

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

OH ... FUUUUUUUUUUDGE!

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I actually got the DVD of this movie as a Christmas present late last night.

I love this whole movie, from the Farkas incident, to the soap washing incident for saying "oh FUUUUUUUDGE", to the trip to see Santa, and the quote, "Ralphie, you'll shoot your eye out!"

Ralphie in the pink bunny suit was funny, and that leg lamp was god ugly.....

Hallmark came out with cards inspired by the movie. My friends just loved getting those cards.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm still disappointed I didn't buy the leg lamp that looked like the one from this movie when I saw it at a local pawn shop.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Merry Christmas to all...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted