1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A challenge for my fellow movie buffs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

King of New York is awesome. Might as well get some more Abel Ferrera and get Bad Lieutenant. Great performance by Harvey Keitel.

And the final scene was done with a hidden camera so people would think it's real. At least that's what I heard.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Putney Swope.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Hard _____. Someone fill it in on the last bit because it was a cop thriller, and I forget it right now.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Boiled

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Thank you. That's the one I was thinking about with the body count up to 200 after the first hour.

6. The truth and soul movie!
    Medium Cool from that era is also worth a look.
    A lot of the minor John Sayles catalogue -- Limbo, Lone Star, Men With Guns, and even Passion Fish -- are worthy of noting here.

7. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I'll recommend a couple of Spike Lee "joints" that really surprised me: "Clockers" and "25th Hour"

8. Hudson Hawk.

OK.

Miller's Crossing and Boondock Saints are solid picks. Can't go wrong there.
    I'll suggest this as soon as it comes out on DVD: Reign Over Me. Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle. Didn't go over well in theaters this spring but I found it to be a pretty amazing film.

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Cloris Leachman used to be smoking hot, for what it's worth. She's the blonde prostitute Butch is with at Sweetface's joint in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Two movies that I have seen in the last couple years seem to fit this bill. Both kind of quirky.
    First is a movie called "Evenhand". An indy flick that I would call "a cop's, cop movie". Watched it by accident on IFC late one night and I had to see it though. Really interesting.
    The other one is "Winter Passing". A very low key Will Ferrell in a supporting role. Ed Harris plays a Salinger type guy that is living a very solitary life with an adopted odd family. Zooey Deschanel plays his daughter. I find her very hot. This is one of those movie that just had a good feel to it.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nice call on Igby Goes Down...

Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys...

Election...

Ice Storm...

Draft saved Draft deleted