1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Celebration of Hines Ward

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Oct 21, 2008.

1. I thought he ran well... When he wasn't fumbling the fucking ball.

BTW: I love Hines Ward. LOVE him. If the Steel Curtain ever needed a wide reciever, he'd be the first pick.
    He's NOT dirty.
    Having said that. I'm glad he's a Steeler. Cause if he played for any other team in the NFL I would hate him for what he does to opposing teams.
    I Hope they never trade him.

2. Notepad

Notepad Member

Why would a defense ever need a receiver?

3. Hence the "IF"

4. Notepad

Notepad Member

Oh.
    Well, if the '71 Orioles pitching staff ever needed a hitter, Ted Williams would be the first pick.

Hence the "IF"

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Sorry, couldn't resist. I think the word you were looking for there was tentative. That's what I saw, too, in the few regular-season carries he had. I didn't get to see any of the preseason games.

I'm starting to wonder about that pick, too, but obviously we'll have to wait another year to really see what he can do. Woodley and Timmons didn't get to do much as rookies, either, and those two selections seem to be working out just fine.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have a feeling when they do a lit of the greatest Pittsburgh linebackers from 1970 to present day, the list will read in no particular order...

Lambert
    Ham
    Woodley
    Farrior/Kirkland (tie for the final MLB spot)

Woodley is a beast, and it seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.

7. outofplace

I like what I see of Woodley so far, but I think you are getting way ahead of yourself there.

8. 93Devil

The prediction ain't worth shit once he is an All-Pro.

Hey, I remember Beano Cook saying Ben would play in the Super Bowl inside of three years of him becoming a starter.

That was the week after Tommy was hurt and Ben started for the first time.

Cook may miss on occasion, but he does make some good ones as well.

9. Notepad

Notepad Member

Make sure he's better than guys like Hardy Nickerson and Jerrol Williams before you start comparing the fucking guy to Lambert and Ham.

10. 93Devil

Lambert and Ham are light years above the other two, but if you were to make a defensive lineup, I think he is going to be bettern than Cole and Russell.

11. outofplace

I give you credit for courage of your convictions, but Notepad kinda has a point, too. Though, to be honest, I am already more impressed with him than I ever was with Jerrol Williams. Not quite ready to jump him over Greg Lloyd, though.

12. My point being he's in the same mold of a linebacker. A wide reciever with a linebacker metality.

Hence the IF... Jackass.

Draft saved Draft deleted