1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Celebration of Bo -- streaming video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Re: Bo Schembechler dead....

Woody and Bo.

Has a Toy Story feel to it.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've never been a Michigan fan on any level, but hearing this news just left a twinge in my stomach...

One of the true greats...

RIP

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Punk is dead. Long live punk.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Seems a little extreme, unless their intention was to perform as a group until Bo died.

I could see taking some time off or a name change, but not this.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think after the performance they're going to commit suicide so then they can be forever known as the Dead Dead Schembechlers...

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The band has been together since 1990, so I'm thinking there was probably a good chance that they weren't going to be around for much longer anyway.

16 years is ancient for a punk band.

7. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

In a sense, this was an odd day for me, because my uncle -- who met a very strange and untimely death -- was the head referee for something like eight Michigan-Ohio State games and had his share of run-ins with both Bo and Woody Hayes. (I think one of them once threw a yardage marker at him.) So a few memories came back, nothing maudlin, but I hadn't thought of him for a while.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Woody did that in '71 OSU-Michigan, I think. Schembechler was talking about it in a taped interview they replaced on Dan Patrick today.

9. In Exile

In Exile Member

I gotta say, having grown up in the midst of Woody/Bo, I don't get this spoloogefest at all. In the experience of people I know who interacted with each of them, to be kind, neither deserved the adulation they received. But go ahead.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Just turn the channel then.

I've had different experiences, and have relatives who knew Bo for 40 years. The man deserves a lot more than my adulation.

11. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I mean no disrespect when I say the best way Ohio State can honor its former assistant coach is with a big, resounding victory tomorrow.

RIP; say hi to the Old Man and Anne.

PS: If this game were being held in AA, the Buckeyes would have NO CHANCE tomorrow. Not with the adorable little "BO" patch M is sure to put on its jerseys, not with the "M Club Supports You" banner and all that jazz.

But the game's in Ohio Stadium. Sorry to put this on the Bo's gone thread but I'm so damn fired up for this game I can't even tell you!

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Bullshit.

I think UM has a *better* chance on the road than it would at the Big House. Too much emotion if the game were in Ann Arbor. They're gonna get booed, and be more relaxed by it, in Columbus.

Draft saved Draft deleted