1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Celebration of Bo -- streaming video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Nov 17, 2006.

1. hpdrifter

hpdrifter Member

Re: Bo Schembechler dead....

Wonder how that "Dead Schembechlers" punk rock group from columbus feels...no, wait, don't answer that.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If I can ever figure out how to download from this Olympus (I've tried but it never works right), I will send you the file, slappy. Otherwise, I'll find some way to get it a clean copy of it on microcassette.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

saw the repeat of sportscenter at noon. was led by the news that schembechler had been rushed to the hospital... then they show michigan-ohio state and say 'judgement day' is coming

i hope the stop calling it that pretty damn soon

rip bo

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

RIP.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Why would they? That would require sensitivity

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

And speaking of sensitivity, ABC better start reining Mushmouth in right now or he's going to be out of control with this tomorrow.

RIP, Bo.

7. Re: Bo Schembechler dead....

And, around the country, a lot of money suddenly goes down behind the Wolverines.
    And slap, you will share Mitch's obit, will you not?

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

espn.com has rebuilt its page

but still have their 'countdown to judgement day' clock up, but at least it's still counting down

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Truly a legend.

RIP.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If I read it.. Mitch wrote Bo's book about 15 years ago and it was done so well that John U. Bacon is now writing another... of course, Joe Falls' bio of Bo was done so well that Mitch did his book...
    It will be over the edge fawning, I'm sure.

11. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

First thing I thought, take Michigan +7. I'm going to hell. I know.

What's the over-under on seperate Bo mentions by ABC, not counting the video? I'd say 17.5.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

We'll discuss that later on. Not right now. And let's not get started with the Judgment Day moniker. That is a non-issue.

As a Hawkeye fan, I hated Michigan with a passion because it was so hard to beat them. But I loved the hell out of Bo. He is one of the prominent faces of the Big 10 Conference and one of the most imporant figures in college football.

There are not many coaches that defines a school, state, region, or nation like Bo. With Woody, outsiders like me came to enjoy the rivalry, even if I hated both teams.

Thank you Bo. I hope Woody meets you at the gates and the both of you can trade sideline stories once again.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted