1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A catheteric experience, or Santa Foley is coming to town

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Since you're Terrier, did you hike your leg?

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Two things really pissed me off:
    * When I had to go number two, or just take a stroll down the hall to make sure I still had legs under me, I had to tote along a plastic bag filled with up to 3000 milliliters of an amber-colored liquid I could only wish was beer. How humiliating is that?
    * The worst: I had finally gotten a little sleep, and without dreaming about anything in particular (or any stimulation - this was a Catholic-affiliated hospital), I felt a little slumber lumber coming on. One second later, ouch! Mr. Foley's pinch, his way of saying, "Pleasure? Not happening here, bub."
    It did reassure me, however, THAT set of mechanics were still in working order. Thankfully, I did not require the pony bag (albeit with a smaller tube) some people have to strap on their leg for awhile after they're released from the hospital if their flow isn't fully restored.
    BTW, I lasted a full day of work today. May the worst be past.
    ETA: Bat, I wish I heard that wisecrack Friday - might have spared me this whole experience.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

At first glance, the thread title had me thinking of this guy:

[​IMG]

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

They pay you to live blog an NFL game?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Go Terrier Go! You're the best. Top of the heap. A-number one.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Yeah. SI.com. I've done a number of NFL games (at least half the Pats schedule, plus Steelers-Rams last week), and have a couple of bowl games coming up. Not a big-money gig by any means, but it's pretty much paid for my Christmas shopping this year. Making a few extra bucks while doing something you'd be doing anyway...that's livin'.
    The SI.com staffers do most of the big games (like the BCS bowls and Pats-Giants Saturday night), but somebody liked me enough to trust me with Pats-Colts. I essentially lucked into this, and being out of sports and wishing I were back in full-time, be it as editor or writer, I really appreciate this little '"hobby."
    ETA: Thanks, BYH - God dealt this hand to a JRC alum because the Almighty knew he'd be tough enough to handle it.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That's a whiz-bang of a story.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Indeed. It's not even the most painful thing that's ever happened to you.

This better not mean I've got a foley coming my way.

9. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Sounds awful. I figured you were just in the Pacific Northwest and threw it in one of the scabies-ladled twats running around that part of the country.

Draft saved Draft deleted