1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A candidate for Hondo and friends

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jan 20, 2007.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yup, because the vast majority of conservatives are multi-millionaires. Got news for you, dog, the greedy ones nowadays are the ones in government who don't think government has enough money. Greed with other people's money is a far worse sin than trying to keep more of what you earn so you can raise your family.

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I really enjoy a guy who's still backing this Bush White House handing out lectures on greed.

And you're right, taking other people's money is far worse. But not nearly as bad as, say, spending 4,000 American lives on your greed.

3. old_tony

Yup, this Iraq war was all about oil for his buddies. And you wonder why no one of consequence takes your 12-year-old simpleton ramblings seriously?

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

5. old_tony

A leftist rag from the UK? I almost choked laughing. Got news for you, dog. There is oil in Iraq. And someone is going to eventually get it. But guess what? As much as I know this saddens you, it won't be Saddam.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I believe abortion is immoral, except in the case of rape, endangerment of the mother or baby and to kill this thread.

This train wreck did not deserve to be conceived.

7. Bubbler For King!

8. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

This thread represents what drives me insane about the abortion "debate" - I have yet to get a real, philosophically or scientificallly sound answer from either side. Neither will engage the topic. I get bluster and talking points.

"Baby killers go to hell!"

"You don't believe in a woman's right to choose? What's a matter with you? Are you a chauvinist?"

Tony, Hondo, et. al - I know this all seems crystal clear to you. But if you want to move this in what you consider the right direction, not just on this board but globally, you have to begin by explaining in dispassionate, detached-from-emotion terms why you believe it's wrong. "Some things are just wrong" doesn't cut it. Because your opponents in the debate believe just as strongly that your side infringes upon a woman's rights.

You guys all lob verbal grenades at each other, packed tight with sarcasm, and nothing gets accomplished.

I think we could all agree that there should be less abortions. That would be a good first step toward no abortions. Step 1: providing the societal foundations to curb the number of unwanted pregnancies. Poverty and lack of education are the seeds of abortion, not "liberals."

I believe that, if there's a God, He/She would prefer we work logically on this and actually get something accomplished. How many abortions have been performed while pro-life people demand a constitutional amendment that ain't happening? How many social programs have they blown off in the meantime that could have actually saved thousands, perhaps millions, of fetuses?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Epic. ;D

And Oz, I didn't mean every resident of your state, and I apologize if my post read like I was painting with a broad brush.

But your state has more than its fair share of resident assorted nuts — Brownback, Phelps, Kris Kobach, those intelligent design kooks in Topeka who got tossed out on their keesters by, fortunately, saner heads.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Phelps should be left out of any rational discussion of Kansas. Even the ulra-rightists in Kansas hate Phelps. He has no popular support in Kansas...just a few ftards in Topeka, many of whom are related to him.

That said, Kansas is indeed a regrettable place, politically. It's back-asswards in that generally, the working people are way farther right than the rich. Except for a handful of liberals in NE Kan., the state is divided between working-class radical Republicans and bourgeois moderate Republicans. Depressing. Sadly, Frank's book is a pretty accurate assessment.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

By the way, the Independent is real far from being a leftist rag.

Draft saved Draft deleted