1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A candidate for Hondo and friends

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

"Reformers who are always compromising, have not yet grasped the idea that truth is the only safe ground to stand upon." -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -- George Orwell

"As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities." -- Voltaire

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

"I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure." -- Clarence Darrow

3. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

"You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of." -- Jim Rohn

4. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today." -- Abraham Lincoln

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." -- Albert Einstein

6. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

"It is a painful thing to look at your own trouble and know that you yourself and no one else has made it." - Sophocles

Thanks for the exercise Buck. It looks like you found the same reference material that I did ;-)

I could go on posting all night but I have some papers to grade.

7. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Live, "Mental Jewelry."

Right?

8. I do not ever blaspheme because, if there is no god, it is stupid and unnecessary. And if there is one, it's dangerous.
    -- Flann O'Brien

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Been a long, long time since I listened to that CD. Probably ought to, because it's long overdue.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm not judging at all. I don't get to. But I can fairly warn folks that the folks who do the real judging won't be allowing you a lawyer to obfuscate and make excuses and rationalizations what you've done on this earth.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So you consider killing an innocent, defenseless baby as being "good people and tak(ing) care of one another"? And you think God considers that just "a particular political issue"?

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

tony, while you're mingling amongst the Republican folks at your next gathering and chatting up all the ways liberals are going to hell, do me a favor: Mention to the group that greed also is a rather serious sin.

Somehow, the GOP has managed to overlook that one the last several years.

Draft saved Draft deleted