1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A candidate for Hondo and friends

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Actually, it is that simple. And that is the beauty of it.

Life.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Simple people view the world in simple ways.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Yeah, chose Republican! They don't have such strict limitations on who they're killing. Young, old, American, Iraqi, defenseless or not -- makes no difference to the GOP. If there's money in killing you, pick a casket ... or a mass grave.

4. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Actually, sportschick, simple people try to avoid taking responsibility for their actions.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Actually, Stretch, simple people believe that the world is black and white. It's not.

6. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

It is black and white for some things, Buck.

There is definitely a clear sense of right and wrong with regards to many things in this world.

7. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Stretch - I didn't say anything about my feelings about abortion except that it's not a simple issue.

And people who view the world in shades of gray aren't trying to avoid personal responsibility. That's insulting. They are figuring things out at their own thoughtful pace. Browbeating them won't get them there any faster.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

This is not a black and white world
    To be alive
    I say the colors must swirl
    And I believe
    That maybe today
    We will all get to appreciate
    The beauty of gray

9. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Pringle - I didn't say people who view the world in shades of gray are trying to avoid personal responsibility.

My quote was "simple people try to avoid taking responsibility for their actions".

10. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it.
    G. K. Chesterton

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

"A sense of righteousness is even more dangerous than a violent temper." -- Mason Cooley

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I have two things to add to this for now, since I don't do deep conversation on an empty stomach and the keyboard is at a weird angle for long-tern typing:

1. He'll be wearing his ass for a hat after New Hampshire and probably won't even make Jr. Tuesday, though if he really wants a presidential candidate he'd be a good fit for the Constitution Party.

2. In the highly unlikely event he wins, I do hope he establishes a Camp David-style retreat in the Appalachians, if only to refer to it as Brownback Mountain.

Draft saved Draft deleted