1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A candidate for Hondo and friends

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Take a look at who populates his state. Two words: Fred Phelps.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, because Fred Phelps represents me, my friends and my family so well. We're all like Fred Phelps.

3. Yeah, but Coburn's dumb, and what a senatorial delogation that is, by the way. Brownback's not stupid.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I never even heard of the guy until I saw this thread.

5. What makes Brownback extra-special nutty goodness is that he's a former fundamentalist Protestant who was baptized a Catholic by the same Opus Dei priest who baptized Bob Novak. Brownback, I believe, was one of the sponsors at the latter event.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So being baptized Catholic makes one "extra-special nutty"? Good to see there's no bigotry in your heart, Fenian.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Funny that's what I would have said if this was about Ted Kennedy up here in Taxachusetts.

8. No. Being baptized by an Opus Dei priest and talking like Brownback does.
    I'm a Catholic, dipstick. Get to know your betters around these parts.

9. RedSmithClone

I agree with F-B on this one, but I reserve the right to off myself because of it.

10. Suicide is a sin.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, let's see ... Opus Dei is completely recognized by the Catholic church (it's latin for "The Work of God") that emphasizes "everyone is called to become a saint" and that "ordinary life is a path to sanctity."

Does your form of catholicism belief the path to sanctity is a lottery kind of thing?

Opus Dei was approved by Pope Pius XII in 1950 and singled out for praise by both John Paul II and Pope Benedict. Oh, yeah, the founder of Opus Dei, Roman Catholic priest Josemaría Escrivá, was canonized as a saint in 2002.

Based on what you as a catholic call nutty, I'd sure love to be in attendance when you hold your little pow wow with St. Peter at the pearly gates. That would make a heck of a show.

12. RedSmithClone

Please don't tell Brownback then. I wouldn't want to be reprimanded by a guy who won't last a quarter of the way through the primary season.

Draft saved Draft deleted