1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A busy weekend in Iran

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Are you sure about that? If we did, what kind of tactics did we use?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

So the Middle East might turn into a parking lot and you're barely able to restrain your glee?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sharks with freakin' laser beams on their heads.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I think you missed the point, here,BYH. I'm saying I am restraining myself from discussing politics. Much like Beavis was restraining himself from screaming "FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!" at the video. In effect, I was poking fun at myself.

But if you want my opinion on the political part, I'll work to stay within the rules here. I'll just say "I told you so," to all the folks (most of them departed) who were lauding the "agreement" they said Obama got from Imadinnerjacket a bit more than a year ago. Also, I expect Israel will have a lot to say about this in the coming weeks. And they will have my full support.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK. Sorry I misinterpreted you there.

You're still a fascist bastard though. :D

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

This explains it:

http://www.exile.ru/articles/detail.php?ARTICLE_ID=6779&IBLOCK_ID=35

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The Russians control every part of the nuclear fuel being used for the reactor, including trucking the waste out of Iran that could be used for a weapon.

I know, I know, many aren't going to buy it or care, but the Russians have no interest in Iranian hegemony in that region any more than the U.S. does given that they have Muslim minorities of their own who could be supported by Iran.

The Russians just seem to take more of a keep your friends close and your enemies closer kind of tack than we do.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Imagine if there were another large country near Iran that could keep it in check. One also ruled by a crackpot dictator, who could take turns with Iran's crackpot holding each other at arm's length like a couple bullies on a playground. One with a recent history of having fought a long, pointless war against Iran that ended up benefiting neither country but that kept them occupied.

Oh wait. We had that.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Now that's more like it! :D

10. printdust

printdust New Member

I'm sure the clerics and good ol' Mahmoud, his belief that the Holocaust never occurred, will say "OK."

Israel can and will take the damn thing out.

Draft saved Draft deleted