1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A busy weekend in Iran

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

On Saturday, Iran fueled up its first nuclear reactor. "Just for generating electricity," of course.
    On Sunday they unveiled a new bomber drone, with a 620-mile range and capable of carrying a few cruise missiles. Ahmadinejad calls it "an ambassador of death" -- but, at least, it's the friendliest damn ambassador of death you'll ever meet:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100822/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran_unmanned_bomber

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Israel is on the clock.

3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

There's been an interesting on-going debate at theatlantic.com about Iran's nuclear programs and Israel's potential response.

Worth the read if you're interested in the issue.

http://www.theatlantic.com/debates/israel-iran/

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Israel ought to nuke Iran.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm not going to make any political observations here as I respect the Mods too much.

But this does remind me of a story: Back in the days when Beavis and Butt-head were at their Zenith, MTV made a decision to no longer allow Beavis to say "Fire, Fire, Fire!" because some kids had blamed the cartoon for fires they had set.

Mike Judge's response was the following video. Beavis' "restraint" was fun to watch. And I can feel what he was going through.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yes. That will help.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Absurd reaction.
    Both need to chill the fuck out.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think Israel continues to ramp up, but right now that drone can't reach that far. It's just one more piece of evidence that Iran is up to no good though.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I should have used the blue font. But I think Israel will do something big before it lets Iran strike first. When they hit Saddam's reactor, numerous Arab countries privately applauded.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When they hit Iraq's reactor, it wasn't active. If they hit Iran's active reactor now, they create Chernobyl II: Electric Boogaloo.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Iran's actual bomb-making facilities are a mile underground. There isn't a nuke in existence that can burrow that deep.

Maybe 20 to 30 of them in a row hitting the same crater ... if you want half of western Asia to glow in the dark.

Iran's nuclear, folks. Better get used to it.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

And I see everyone's laughing about those little boats they were unveiling too. Only when we conducted war games against those things in 2002, we lost.

Draft saved Draft deleted