1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A board favorite gets ripped by the ombudsman

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tyler durden 71351, Jan 22, 2007.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Coincidentally, 100 of the 111 readers who felt Hartman should not have done the commercial referred to him as a "fucktard."

2. cortez

cortez Member

Sid won't die; he'll croak

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This is at least the second time Parry has gone after El Shitbird, and I must say, she's earning my respect for doing so.

She had to replace a legendary curmudgeon in Lou Gelfand, so this has been no easy gig for her. Bravo, Ms. Parry.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Gregg Doyle school of Omsbudsmanry.

5. Fire the stupid sonofabitch yesterday.
    This sounds -- in a meta- Minneapolis moment -- like the episode in which Ted Baxter takes advantage of a loophole in his contract to do commercials on his own newscast. "Mmmmmm, Farmer's Ted's country sausages!"
    Is it OK if I call to make a reservation I ask the agent if I've reached Aging Dickhead Airlines?

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I just rolled my eyes when I got to that paragraph. Never met the man, but how could he even begin argue there was nothing wrong with this arrangement?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes. Yes it is. I would enjoy seeing you fly Sun Country

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Weren't ethics the thing "back in the day?" Frankly, he's lost it!

9. greenie

greenie Member

That Vince Flynn was a heck of a player for Texas.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Hartman's situation is unique. Seldom will you see newspaper management shamelessly stand behind a columnist - especially in sports - who clearly has lost his fastball to the extent that he's screwing up ethically when not producing mediocre work. But I guess they know just how in demand he would be if they let him go.

I could totally see him moving to one of the top markets if that happened. He has national-level connections, just as strong as his local ones.

I'm afraid I'm having trouble formatting the sarcasm font . . . .

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not a chance. Sid cut his teeth with the Miineapolis Lakers and he ain't leaving nowhere except visits to hell, since he owns land there.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sid visits hell not only to visit his retirement home, but also (forgive plagiarism from worst people of the year thread) to spend time deep throating Satan's scaly cock.

Draft saved Draft deleted