1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A blast from the past ... random shoutouts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 16, 2012.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I thought you were indiansnetwork? Had me fooled.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I know Varla; she definitely isn't around. I miss sundevilpeg, too; I think she and Flaghokie, wherever he is, had an epic fight about the best way to drive to somewhere in Arizona.

3. dooley_womack1

Varla, July 23, 2006, 09:54:30 PM

--He got work as the villain in both Charlie's Angels movies.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Oy, duh! That's the thread we have to find...pretty sure Mizzou told her to kill herself. I think we might have found a shred of it in the Wayback Machine, what a classic.

I know I had a dustup with sundevilpeg about the Cubs, one of those 'don't tell me you've suffered the Cubs, you're from fucking Arizona.'

Varla sent me my first or second PM here, under a different name.

During that thread, NCEditor--who did or did not somehow wittingly or unwittingly connect or disconnect SW to and/or from her next husband--PM'd me to say sportswriter told him Boom said I was a bitch and she should ignore me.

Then she left and returned. I think it was a Monday.

Let me know if you follow that, I lost track. Good times.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Buck was, is, and will always be one of the funniest people I've never met in my life.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Well said.

7. dooley_womack1

JavertWasScrewed (one of my favorite names; I know he's had other IDs, but none in a long time that I know of)
    April 02, 2005, 12:30:18 PM

--Hokie.... I went to a place called Buster's last week.

It was excellent.

I was stunned.

8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

This place must have been a hell of a party when the News Journalists were also here.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Sure, until Dan Rather posted the pics of Helen Thomas doing the naked macarena in front of the 'Hope, Arkansas' sign.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

21 was so flustered that she melted the server and we crashed for two weeks. The end.

11. dooley_womack1

As far as Terrance Mann, if he ain't gonna show, screw him!

:D

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I had never even heard of SJ until about the time of Bartman and the Red Sox meltdown the following night, similarly, with five outs left. I lurked for about a year before plunging in.

Draft saved Draft deleted