1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A blast from the past ... random shoutouts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

BYH has the lead by about 700 right now.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Whoa.

I'm actually scared to read this.

Got to this part, from chinatown--"sportswriter, Don't tell the story. Please? Just don't tell the story."--and just cancelled all my plans for the rest of the day.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

This is fun. And I found myself nodding in agreement with everything Qwerty shouted out, including how frequently he seemed to be on the same page, so to speak, with SF_Express on this site.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It used to be said that Chris L would have the most if didn't delete them all frequently, but I'm not sure anymore. Mike311gd would be No. 1 if he hadn't taken a powder. And flash, if he had kept matching her 600-post first day...

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oops...flash was a she

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Still is, I think

7. Johnny Dangerously

Post.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Padder.

9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Kind of makes me wistful reading that, and reflective on how much has changed since my early days here. And there's no way I will every pick up on all the back story I missed in my five-ish year hiatus.

• Names like Almost_Famous, HoopsMcCann, Clubber and hockeybeat were ubiquitous, but now seem long gone. Unless I'm oblivious to their current monikers and/or the stories behind their absences.
    • It's been so long that while I remember there was drama with Sandy (hi, sandy?) I honestly have no idea what it was. Likewise, sportswriter.
    • Easy to forget that Moddy used to be pretty protective of his identity. Now he's seemingly an open book, I gather. That's gotta be a good thing, right?
    • I did a search for my previous username (still what I use to login) and there was a thread in which 21 mentioned being accused of also being me, SirQuagmireEsquire. I can't even imagine what that might have been about. I'm a nobody!
    • The newsjournalists.com header!

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Open is always a good thing - but there are lots of reasons people aren't so much and many of them are good. A lot of people knew before I just came out and said it. I did have a conversation at work once with a group. One guy swore he was good buddies with the moderator, a guy who worked in Charlotte. Another guy in the group knew and it was all the two of us could do not to bust out laughing.

A couple of people on here tried lots of backdoor tricks to find out who I was, not knowing anybody who PMed and asked usually got a straight answer.

Those who hated me? I told them I was Mike Harris from AP or Mike Harris from Tampa. He used to get all my expense reports anyway. What's a little hate mail thrown in the mix?

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I might not always agree with you, Moddy, but I sure do love you.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Like Bubbler, I miss Clubber. A lot. I think I spoke to him on the phone once, too, courtesy of a drunk dial from IJAG. I could be wrong on this, though.

As far as I know, hoops and HB don't post here no more.

Draft saved Draft deleted