1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A blast from the past ... random shoutouts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

eh, there still are many good people and smart posters at the other place that never post here.
    the rift also caused several people to stop posting on message boards completely.
    i get the point you're trying to make, but i also think the board was much more lively and smart before that time.
    just one guy's opinion.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You don't annoy me. You don't even make the B list on that one.

Of course, I'm pretty much unannoyable.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I registered on Oct. 10, 2002. It's like seeing every Super Bowl but the first one.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, bullshit.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No bullshit. Those who are annoying will disagree. The general population knows this to be the absolute truth

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

There were others...some of us got wiped off the map in one of the blackouts.

October 9 is the anniversary, there is no other way to see it.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Would be interesting to know the date of when the original sportspages.com discussion board appeared. I have to think that was somewhere around 1998 or 1999, which would put the overall 15 year anniversary for some in the next year or two.

And what's with all the day one registrants who never made a post at all? You make the effort to register, but nothing ever after that. Kind of like walking into a restaurant or club, looking around and walking out never to return. Of course, maybe they were fearful of what they did see....

Draft saved Draft deleted